Pak’s non-state, state actors behind 26/11 : PC
Kolkata: India has conveyed to Islamabad that information from the interrogation of LeT terrorist Abu Jundal clearly pointed to involvement of non-state actors and state actors in Pakistan who were behind the 26/11 terror attack in Mumbai, Union Home minister P Chidambaram said here on Thursday.
"Essential information that we have gathered from him and we have used that to tell the Pakistani side that essential information clearly points to non-state and perhaps even state actors who were behind 26/11," Chidambaram told a packed press conference here.
Asked to comment on the Pakistan Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani`s denial of involvement of any Pakistani agency in the terror attack, Chidamabaram retorted, "I stand by what I have said."
Stating that it was completely wrong to share everything in public, Chidamabaram said "because he (Abu Jundal) is in custody of the court. But to the extent it is necessary I have shared with you and the people of India."
Jundal, he said, "was charged in a case, court has remanded him to police custody. Police were interrogating him and they have to file a report in court. But we can`t make public everything which we have gathered through interrogation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred