Parliament adjourned after uproar
New Delhi: A host of issues ranging from demand for President`s rule in Uttar Pradesh over "deteriorating" law and order to the plight of ethnic Tamils in Sri Lanka rocked Parliament on Tuesday.
Lok Sabha could not transact any business as it was adjourned for the day after one adjournment, while Rajya Sabha witnessed two adjournments till 2 PM.
As soon as the Lok Sabha met for the day, BSP, SP, Left and AIADMK members stormed the Well over issues including law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh in the wake of the killing of a DSP, over which BSP and SP members shouted slogans against each other.
Tamil MPs raised the issue of plight of Sri Lankan Tamils. DMK members were in black shirt to register their protest while AIADMK raised slogans carrying placards saying "Save Tamils in Sri Lanka".
Other issues that disrupted the proceedings in the Lower House included the rape of a tribal woman in West Bengal and beating up of a woman by police in Punjab. The issue of MNS activists thrashing North Indians in Maharashtra was also raised in the Upper House.
Members from Left parties raised slogans against Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal over the law and order situation and the rape of a tribal woman in the state. They held placards saying "West Bengal is unsafe for women".
Rajya Sabha witnessed repeated adjournments over the Uttar Pradesh issue with BSP aggressively raising the killing of the DSP by a mob on Saturday and a minister resigning after he was named by the victim`s widow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal