"Parties have awarded secularism certificates to themselves"
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain said on Tuesday that parties who have awarded secularism certificates to themselves are trying to change the agenda in the country, as per reports in a news agency.
Also, in a statement which can be construed to be aimed at Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, he said that one cannot make jokes when people`s blood was being spilled. He added that such an act would not be tolerated in a democracy.
Nitish Kumar had yesterday said that terrorists in a way had helped BJP in its "otherwise flop" rally. He was referring to the October 27 Hunkar rally in Patna of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 General Elections Narendra Modi. Serial blasts had rocked Patna ahead of the rally and as per investigations till now, the Indian Mujahideen is being suspected as being behind the blasts.
The JD(U) leader also dubbed his Gujarat counterpart as an "expert in cultivation of falsehood" and slammed Modi for accusing the Bihar administration of `criminal negligence of security` at his rally.
"The incidence of serial blasts at the rally in Patna was most condemnable... But terrorists in a way helped BJP, otherwise its rally at Patna was flop in terms of size of crowd," he told reporters.
"Had the blast not happened, everybody would have talked about the thin attendance at the Hunkar rally for which BJP leaders had claimed it would be unprecedented in terms of size," Kumar said after the `Janata Ke Darbar me Mukhya Mantri` programme.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- South China Sea critical to US national security: White House