People losing confidence in judicial system: Legal experts
Kadapa: Expressing anguish over decreasing values in judiciary, legal experts on Friday said people are losing faith in the system.
"Values in the judiciary, from lower courts to Supreme Court, are sliding and people are losing faith in the system," Kadapa district Justice C V Nagarjuna Reddy said.
Acting Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court Justice N V Ramana said governments in India have failed to provide the judiciary with the required infrastructure to establish courts and deliver speedy justice to litigants.
"Once people lose confidence in the judiciary due to its abnormal delay in delivering justice, the system will collapse," Reddy said.
The legal experts were addressing a `Mega Lok Adalat` organised by Kadapa district judicial officers at Rayachoty.
However, Ramana said, though values in the judiciary are sliding, it is the only system which protects democracy and rights of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!