People losing confidence in judicial system: Legal experts
Kadapa: Expressing anguish over decreasing values in judiciary, legal experts on Friday said people are losing faith in the system.
"Values in the judiciary, from lower courts to Supreme Court, are sliding and people are losing faith in the system," Kadapa district Justice C V Nagarjuna Reddy said.
Acting Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court Justice N V Ramana said governments in India have failed to provide the judiciary with the required infrastructure to establish courts and deliver speedy justice to litigants.
"Once people lose confidence in the judiciary due to its abnormal delay in delivering justice, the system will collapse," Reddy said.
The legal experts were addressing a `Mega Lok Adalat` organised by Kadapa district judicial officers at Rayachoty.
However, Ramana said, though values in the judiciary are sliding, it is the only system which protects democracy and rights of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM