People losing confidence in judicial system: Legal experts
Kadapa: Expressing anguish over decreasing values in judiciary, legal experts on Friday said people are losing faith in the system.
"Values in the judiciary, from lower courts to Supreme Court, are sliding and people are losing faith in the system," Kadapa district Justice C V Nagarjuna Reddy said.
Acting Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court Justice N V Ramana said governments in India have failed to provide the judiciary with the required infrastructure to establish courts and deliver speedy justice to litigants.
"Once people lose confidence in the judiciary due to its abnormal delay in delivering justice, the system will collapse," Reddy said.
The legal experts were addressing a `Mega Lok Adalat` organised by Kadapa district judicial officers at Rayachoty.
However, Ramana said, though values in the judiciary are sliding, it is the only system which protects democracy and rights of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?