Petrol price hike due to "wrong" economic policies: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday said the fresh hike in petrol prices is a result of "wrong" economic policies pursued by Congress-led UPA government over the last nine years.
"This hike in petrol prices is a result of the wrong economic policies of UPA government for the last nine years. Its excuse that this hike is due to the devaluation of the Rupee is misplaced. If this government had followed a strong and effective policies, the economy would be robust," BJP spokesperson Sudhanshu Trivedi told PTI.
He maintained had the economy been in a strong position the government would have been able to handle the burden of the hike instead of passing it on to the consumer.
"Had the UPA government followed the right policies, it would have been in a position to provide oil subsidy," Trivedi said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai