Petrol price hike due to "wrong" economic policies: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday said the fresh hike in petrol prices is a result of "wrong" economic policies pursued by Congress-led UPA government over the last nine years.
"This hike in petrol prices is a result of the wrong economic policies of UPA government for the last nine years. Its excuse that this hike is due to the devaluation of the Rupee is misplaced. If this government had followed a strong and effective policies, the economy would be robust," BJP spokesperson Sudhanshu Trivedi told PTI.
He maintained had the economy been in a strong position the government would have been able to handle the burden of the hike instead of passing it on to the consumer.
"Had the UPA government followed the right policies, it would have been in a position to provide oil subsidy," Trivedi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport