Petrol price hike to hit common man: Yechury
Shimla: Communist Party of India-Marxist leader Sitaram Yechury on Thursday attacked the central government for a sharp hike in petrol prices, saying it would hit the common man.
"The unexpected hike in petrol prices is not justified at a time when the international prices of crude oil are falling," he said here.
Yechury was here to campaign for the party`s candidates for the Shimla Municipal Corporation elections slated for May 27.
Petrol prices have gone up by Rs.7.50 a litre.
The Left parties have condemned the petrol price hike as "a savage attack" on people and announced a nationwide protest on May 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea