Petrol price hike to hit common man: Yechury
Shimla: Communist Party of India-Marxist leader Sitaram Yechury on Thursday attacked the central government for a sharp hike in petrol prices, saying it would hit the common man.
"The unexpected hike in petrol prices is not justified at a time when the international prices of crude oil are falling," he said here.
Yechury was here to campaign for the party`s candidates for the Shimla Municipal Corporation elections slated for May 27.
Petrol prices have gone up by Rs.7.50 a litre.
The Left parties have condemned the petrol price hike as "a savage attack" on people and announced a nationwide protest on May 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened