Pillai assures Arunachal students on stapled visa
Itanagar: The issue of stapled visa given
by China to the people of Arunachal Pradesh could be solved in
the next two months, Union Home Secretary G K Pillai is said
to have assured a delegation of All Arunachal Pradesh
Students` Union (AAPSU) at New Delhi.
Pillai said yesterday that steps are being taken to
solve the row, AAPSU president Takam Tatung said here.
"Within the next two months, the problem is expected
to have some positive bearing," Tatung said quoting Pillai.
Expressing concern on NSCN`s fratricidal clashes
in Tirap and Changlang districts in Arunachal Pradesh, the
Home Secretary said Centre was taking steps to revamp the
security of the disturbed districts, he said.
On the contentious Chakma-Hajong refugee issue, Tatung
said Centre has set up a committee to find a permanent
solution to the decades-old crisis.
The AAPSU delegation led by Tatung, also met Leader
of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley and shared their
grievances with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends