Pillai assures Arunachal students on stapled visa
Itanagar: The issue of stapled visa given
by China to the people of Arunachal Pradesh could be solved in
the next two months, Union Home Secretary G K Pillai is said
to have assured a delegation of All Arunachal Pradesh
Students` Union (AAPSU) at New Delhi.
Pillai said yesterday that steps are being taken to
solve the row, AAPSU president Takam Tatung said here.
"Within the next two months, the problem is expected
to have some positive bearing," Tatung said quoting Pillai.
Expressing concern on NSCN`s fratricidal clashes
in Tirap and Changlang districts in Arunachal Pradesh, the
Home Secretary said Centre was taking steps to revamp the
security of the disturbed districts, he said.
On the contentious Chakma-Hajong refugee issue, Tatung
said Centre has set up a committee to find a permanent
solution to the decades-old crisis.
The AAPSU delegation led by Tatung, also met Leader
of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley and shared their
grievances with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet