Plea against Kejriwal, Ramdev, Bhushan rejected
New Delhi: A Delhi court Thursday dismissed a petition asking for a first information report (FIR) against activist-politician Arvind Kejriwal, his colleague Prashant Bhushan and yoga guru Baba Ramdev for allegedly lowering the reputation of Parliament.
Metropolitan Magistrate Purshotam Pathak refused to give directions to lodge a FIR against Kejriwal for allegedly lowering the reputation of parliament in a speech delivered in February.
The court also did not accept a plea seeking directions from the court to register a case of sedition against Kejriwal`s colleague Prashant Bhushan for his remarks on Kashmir made Sep 26, 2011.
The court was hearing a private complaint filed by a law student, Vibhor Anand, who is seeking directions from the court to register a case against Kejriwal, Baba Ramdev and Prashant Bhushan.
Anand, whose NGO based in West Patel Nagar in central Delhi provides legal aid to people, alleged that Kejriwal made an objectionable speech at a rally in Ghaziabad Feb 26 with malafide intention to lower the reputation of parliament.
Anand alleged that Kejriwal had committed penal offences of sedition and criminal intimidation.
The complainant had said Bhushan made the comments with "a malafide intention and sole motive to create panic among the masses and to disturb the constitutional set-up".
Anand added that Bhushan made provocative statements, which were anti-national, mischievous and clearly intended to cause public disorder and uproar in Kashmir and other parts of the nation.
He had requested the court to lodge a case against Ramdev on charges of sedition and statements conducing to public mischief.
According to the petition, Ramdev said parliamentarians were friends and slaves of money and did not like labourers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared