PM condoles demise of SAF founder Madanjeet Singh
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday condoled the demise of the founder of South Asia Foundation Madanjeet Singh.
The Prime Minister conveyed his heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of Madanjeet, who was also the founder of UNESCO Madanjeet Singh Institute for South Asia Regional Cooperation in Puducherry, a PMO release said.
Madanjeet, a humanist and philanthropist, had concieved these institutions to provide valuable service in the common goal of building a better and closer South Asia and was recognised as an ambassador of peace and goodwill, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata