PM condoles demise of SAF founder Madanjeet Singh
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday condoled the demise of the founder of South Asia Foundation Madanjeet Singh.
The Prime Minister conveyed his heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of Madanjeet, who was also the founder of UNESCO Madanjeet Singh Institute for South Asia Regional Cooperation in Puducherry, a PMO release said.
Madanjeet, a humanist and philanthropist, had concieved these institutions to provide valuable service in the common goal of building a better and closer South Asia and was recognised as an ambassador of peace and goodwill, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India