PM condoles demise of SAF founder Madanjeet Singh
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday condoled the demise of the founder of South Asia Foundation Madanjeet Singh.
The Prime Minister conveyed his heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of Madanjeet, who was also the founder of UNESCO Madanjeet Singh Institute for South Asia Regional Cooperation in Puducherry, a PMO release said.
Madanjeet, a humanist and philanthropist, had concieved these institutions to provide valuable service in the common goal of building a better and closer South Asia and was recognised as an ambassador of peace and goodwill, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?