PM Manmohan Singh celebrates Holi, greets people
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday celebrated Holi and greeted people on the occasion.
The Prime Minister celebrated Holi with his staff for the first time during his tenure in UPA-II.
In a message, he said the festival heralding the onset of spring celebrates different hues of the country`s cultural mosaic and is an occasion to rejoice in the glory of nature in all its vibrant colours.
The festival symbolises the country`s spirit of unity, harmony and tolerance, he said. "May the festival bring health, happiness and prosperity to all," the Prime Minister wished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill