PM must apologise for cash-for-votes scam: Gadkari
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari on Sunday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi should apologise to the country for putting "innocent" party members in jail in the 2008 cash-for-votes scam.
"Our MPs were innocent whistleblowers but the corrupt Congress government put them in jail. Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi should apologise to the nation for this," Gadkari said while addressing a rally at Ramlila Maidan to mark the conclusion of party veteran LK Advani`s Jan Chetna Yatra.
"I pity the PM. No one listens to him," Gadkari added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan PM chairs meeting on Kashmir
- Kashmir unrest: Rajnath to embark on two-day visit to Valley
- Waiting for the day Kashmir becomes part of Pakistan: Nawaz Sharif
- Must Watch: What Nawaz Sharif's daughter has to say about PML-N's victory in PoK polls
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar's family files FIR against Mayawati after BSP rampage