PM should declare Lok Sabha polls in October 2013: Subramanian Swamy
New Delhi: Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy on Friday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should declare Lok Sabha elections in October this year in a bid to tackle "economic degeneration" of the country.
In a statement, he claimed that the country`s current account deficit had risen to 6.5 per cent.
He alleged that the UPA government was "now bankrupt of any fresh ideas for ushering in economic reform ".
"I therefore urge the Prime Minister to end this economic degeneration and instead declare that the Lok Sabha elections will be (held) in October this year," he said.
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes
- WATCH: SHOCKING! Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters mercilessly beat up man for showing black flag