PM should declare Lok Sabha polls in October 2013: Subramanian Swamy
New Delhi: Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy on Friday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should declare Lok Sabha elections in October this year in a bid to tackle "economic degeneration" of the country.
In a statement, he claimed that the country`s current account deficit had risen to 6.5 per cent.
He alleged that the UPA government was "now bankrupt of any fresh ideas for ushering in economic reform ".
"I therefore urge the Prime Minister to end this economic degeneration and instead declare that the Lok Sabha elections will be (held) in October this year," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month