PM should declare Lok Sabha polls in October 2013: Subramanian Swamy
New Delhi: Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy on Friday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should declare Lok Sabha elections in October this year in a bid to tackle "economic degeneration" of the country.
In a statement, he claimed that the country`s current account deficit had risen to 6.5 per cent.
He alleged that the UPA government was "now bankrupt of any fresh ideas for ushering in economic reform ".
"I therefore urge the Prime Minister to end this economic degeneration and instead declare that the Lok Sabha elections will be (held) in October this year," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town