PM should declare Lok Sabha polls in October 2013: Subramanian Swamy
New Delhi: Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy on Friday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should declare Lok Sabha elections in October this year in a bid to tackle "economic degeneration" of the country.
In a statement, he claimed that the country`s current account deficit had risen to 6.5 per cent.
He alleged that the UPA government was "now bankrupt of any fresh ideas for ushering in economic reform ".
"I therefore urge the Prime Minister to end this economic degeneration and instead declare that the Lok Sabha elections will be (held) in October this year," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan