PM should declare Lok Sabha polls in October 2013: Subramanian Swamy
New Delhi: Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy on Friday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should declare Lok Sabha elections in October this year in a bid to tackle "economic degeneration" of the country.
In a statement, he claimed that the country`s current account deficit had risen to 6.5 per cent.
He alleged that the UPA government was "now bankrupt of any fresh ideas for ushering in economic reform ".
"I therefore urge the Prime Minister to end this economic degeneration and instead declare that the Lok Sabha elections will be (held) in October this year," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Has Fawad Khan been roped in for Salman Khan's next?
- Copa America 2016: Chile ease past Colombia amidst climatic chaos, set-up final clash with Argentina
- Diljit Dosanjh to star in Karan Johar's next?
- Brexit: Britain's revival or EU's fall?
- Blast kills 7 Taliban militants including group commnader Abdul Rauf in Afghanistan's Logar