PM, Sonia to attend AICC`s law convention
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi will be the key participants in the national convention on "Law Justice and the Common Man"
organised by the Legal and Human Rights Department of the AICC here on Saturday.
Apart from Singh and Gandhi, Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee, Home Minister P Chidambaram, Law Minister M
Veerappa Moily, Power Minister Shushil Kumar Shinde, Health
Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad and Rural Development Minister C P
Joshi will also attend the day-long convention which will be
spread over five sessions.
The other prominent participants include Haryana Chief
Minister B S Hooda, Assam chief minister Tarun Gogoi, Delhi
chief minister Sheila Dikshit, Urban Development Minister S
Jaipal Reddy, Social Justice Minister Mukul Wasnik and several
ministers of state.
While Gandhi will deliver the presidential address in the
first session on `Law Justice and the Common Man`, Singh will
deliver the inaugural address.
Chidambaram would address the session on `Human rights,
the common man and contemporary exigencies` while Mukherjee
will speak in the valedictory session.
AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi is also expected in
the last session even though the organisers did not confirm
or deny it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!