PM’s silence over Shinde’s ‘Hindu terror’ remark surprising: Rajnath Singh
Bhopal: Reiterating their decision to boycott Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde in and outside Parliament during the forthcoming Budget Session over his recent controversial ‘Hindu terror’ remark at the Jaipur Chintan Shivir of the Congress Party, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh on Sunday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s silence on the issue is the most surprising for the opposition.
Addressing a news conference here for the first time after his elevation as BJP president, Singh said the party would strengthen its agitation against Shinde in the coming days.
“This is the most surprising thing for us that neither the Prime Minister nor the UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi have broken their silence till date on such a bizarre statement from one of their ministers. We are determined to appose Shinde in and outside Parliament. He will have to apologise to the nation,” Singh said.
He also criticised the Centre over its inability to halt ceasefire violations by Pakistan and its inability to initiate strong action for the killing and mutilation of two Indian soldiers along the Line of Control (LoC) on January 8 by Pakistani troops.
On the economic front, Singh said: “Rising inflation and the increasing fiscal deficit has shown that the UPA Government has failed on the economic front. The recent incidents on India``s border are now symbols of its complete failure on the security front also.”
“After Pakistan, now China is threatening to build dams on the River Brahmaputra. This will completely ruin our north-eastern states, but the government is silent on this also,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah