PM’s silence over Shinde’s ‘Hindu terror’ remark surprising: Rajnath Singh
Bhopal: Reiterating their decision to boycott Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde in and outside Parliament during the forthcoming Budget Session over his recent controversial ‘Hindu terror’ remark at the Jaipur Chintan Shivir of the Congress Party, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh on Sunday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s silence on the issue is the most surprising for the opposition.
Addressing a news conference here for the first time after his elevation as BJP president, Singh said the party would strengthen its agitation against Shinde in the coming days.
“This is the most surprising thing for us that neither the Prime Minister nor the UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi have broken their silence till date on such a bizarre statement from one of their ministers. We are determined to appose Shinde in and outside Parliament. He will have to apologise to the nation,” Singh said.
He also criticised the Centre over its inability to halt ceasefire violations by Pakistan and its inability to initiate strong action for the killing and mutilation of two Indian soldiers along the Line of Control (LoC) on January 8 by Pakistani troops.
On the economic front, Singh said: “Rising inflation and the increasing fiscal deficit has shown that the UPA Government has failed on the economic front. The recent incidents on India``s border are now symbols of its complete failure on the security front also.”
“After Pakistan, now China is threatening to build dams on the River Brahmaputra. This will completely ruin our north-eastern states, but the government is silent on this also,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more