Police get DNA test report of French diplomat
Bangalore: The DNA test report of a French diplomat here, arrested on the charge of raping his four-year -old daughter, was received by the city police on Friday.
"We have received the DNA test report of Mazurier this evening. Some contents (findings) in the report are negative and some others positive, Hence we are seeking certain clarifications (from the lab)," ACP (Law and Order) T Suneel Kumar told PTI.
Pascal Mazurier, Deputy Head of Chancery in the Consulate of France here, was arrested on June 19 following a complaint by his wife Suja Jones Mazurier, a native of Kerala, alleging that he had raped their four-year-old daughter. The issue led to a public outrage before the diplomat was arrested.
A magisterial court on July 3 had extended by 14 days the judicial custody of Pascal.
His bail petition has been adjourned to July 9 by a fast track court after police filed objections to the plea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- High-tech scans can spare cancer patients from intensive chemotherapy: Study
- Britain pressured for quick EU split as Brexit impact begins
- Debris in Tanzania to be examined for link to missing MH370: Report
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs