Police get DNA test report of French diplomat
Bangalore: The DNA test report of a French diplomat here, arrested on the charge of raping his four-year -old daughter, was received by the city police on Friday.
"We have received the DNA test report of Mazurier this evening. Some contents (findings) in the report are negative and some others positive, Hence we are seeking certain clarifications (from the lab)," ACP (Law and Order) T Suneel Kumar told PTI.
Pascal Mazurier, Deputy Head of Chancery in the Consulate of France here, was arrested on June 19 following a complaint by his wife Suja Jones Mazurier, a native of Kerala, alleging that he had raped their four-year-old daughter. The issue led to a public outrage before the diplomat was arrested.
A magisterial court on July 3 had extended by 14 days the judicial custody of Pascal.
His bail petition has been adjourned to July 9 by a fast track court after police filed objections to the plea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet