Political party can’t be run just by exposing corruption: Bhushan
New Delhi: India Against Corruption (IAC) member Prashant Bhushan has said that they made the expose on BJP president Nitin Gadkari to show how he was colluding with the NCP.
Speaking to Swati Chaturvedi of Zeenews.com on her chat show Kahiye Janab, Bhushan said Gadkari was ignoring the Rs 70,000 crore irrigation scam because had colluded with Sharad Pawar’s NCP to seek favours for his firms.
On being asked what was new about their expose as most of the allegations against Gadkari had been levelled earlier also, the IAC activist said the collusion between the BJP president and NCP’s Ajit Pawar had never been exposed.
In response to another question, Bhushan said all mainstream parties have become corrupt and that they will never pass any anti-corruption law that will ultimately threaten their position and hold on power.
“We were not left with any option but to enter politics,” he said.
He also acknowledged that a political party cannot be run just by exposing corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice