Political party can’t be run just by exposing corruption: Bhushan
New Delhi: India Against Corruption (IAC) member Prashant Bhushan has said that they made the expose on BJP president Nitin Gadkari to show how he was colluding with the NCP.
Speaking to Swati Chaturvedi of Zeenews.com on her chat show Kahiye Janab, Bhushan said Gadkari was ignoring the Rs 70,000 crore irrigation scam because had colluded with Sharad Pawar’s NCP to seek favours for his firms.
On being asked what was new about their expose as most of the allegations against Gadkari had been levelled earlier also, the IAC activist said the collusion between the BJP president and NCP’s Ajit Pawar had never been exposed.
In response to another question, Bhushan said all mainstream parties have become corrupt and that they will never pass any anti-corruption law that will ultimately threaten their position and hold on power.
“We were not left with any option but to enter politics,” he said.
He also acknowledged that a political party cannot be run just by exposing corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack