Political party can’t be run just by exposing corruption: Bhushan
New Delhi: India Against Corruption (IAC) member Prashant Bhushan has said that they made the expose on BJP president Nitin Gadkari to show how he was colluding with the NCP.
Speaking to Swati Chaturvedi of Zeenews.com on her chat show Kahiye Janab, Bhushan said Gadkari was ignoring the Rs 70,000 crore irrigation scam because had colluded with Sharad Pawar’s NCP to seek favours for his firms.
On being asked what was new about their expose as most of the allegations against Gadkari had been levelled earlier also, the IAC activist said the collusion between the BJP president and NCP’s Ajit Pawar had never been exposed.
In response to another question, Bhushan said all mainstream parties have become corrupt and that they will never pass any anti-corruption law that will ultimately threaten their position and hold on power.
“We were not left with any option but to enter politics,” he said.
He also acknowledged that a political party cannot be run just by exposing corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray