Political party can’t be run just by exposing corruption: Bhushan
New Delhi: India Against Corruption (IAC) member Prashant Bhushan has said that they made the expose on BJP president Nitin Gadkari to show how he was colluding with the NCP.
Speaking to Swati Chaturvedi of Zeenews.com on her chat show Kahiye Janab, Bhushan said Gadkari was ignoring the Rs 70,000 crore irrigation scam because had colluded with Sharad Pawar’s NCP to seek favours for his firms.
On being asked what was new about their expose as most of the allegations against Gadkari had been levelled earlier also, the IAC activist said the collusion between the BJP president and NCP’s Ajit Pawar had never been exposed.
In response to another question, Bhushan said all mainstream parties have become corrupt and that they will never pass any anti-corruption law that will ultimately threaten their position and hold on power.
“We were not left with any option but to enter politics,” he said.
He also acknowledged that a political party cannot be run just by exposing corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29