‘Ponty Chadha didn’t fire at his brother’
New Delhi: A person claiming to be a close relative of Ponty Chadha Friday night ruled out the possibility of the liquor baron also being involved in the firing at his brother during the shootout in which both the men were killed, claiming his two hands had a disability problem.
In a statement sent to media houses, the person, who identified himself as Taranjit Singh, claimed Ponty was handicapped in one hand while on the other there was a problem as a result of which he could hardly hold a glass.
"It was his PSO (provided by Punjab Police) who retaliated after his brother (Hardeep) fired more than ten bullets at him," the statement said.
Taranjit Singh, whose mobile number was given in the statement, did not respond to telephone calls or text messages.
According to sources, Ponty and guards from both the sides also opened fire after Hardeep opened fire at the liquor baron.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living