‘Ponty Chadha didn’t fire at his brother’
New Delhi: A person claiming to be a close relative of Ponty Chadha Friday night ruled out the possibility of the liquor baron also being involved in the firing at his brother during the shootout in which both the men were killed, claiming his two hands had a disability problem.
In a statement sent to media houses, the person, who identified himself as Taranjit Singh, claimed Ponty was handicapped in one hand while on the other there was a problem as a result of which he could hardly hold a glass.
"It was his PSO (provided by Punjab Police) who retaliated after his brother (Hardeep) fired more than ten bullets at him," the statement said.
Taranjit Singh, whose mobile number was given in the statement, did not respond to telephone calls or text messages.
According to sources, Ponty and guards from both the sides also opened fire after Hardeep opened fire at the liquor baron.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says