Ponty`s men arrested for entering disputed farmhouse gets bail
New Delhi: Liquor baron Ponty Chadha`s two employees, arrested for allegedly trespassing into a disputed farmhouse at Bijwasan here before shootout at Chadhas` Chattarpur farmhouse, have been granted bail by a Delhi court.
Metropolitan Magistrate Ruchika Singhla released accused Vijay Kumar and Madan Rana on bail on furnishing "a personal bond and two local sureties in the sum of Rs 20,000 each."
Kumar and Rana, who were working as supervisors at Chadhas` farmhouse at Bijwasan (G-19) in South West Delhi, were arrested by the Delhi Police on November 18 for allegedly committing offences of wrongful restrain, preparation for hurting and assaulting, trespassing and intimidating.
While enlarging the two on bail, the court has directed them not to leave the country without its prior permission.
The police was also suspecting the involvement of the two in November 17 morning raid at Chadhas Chhattarpur farmhouse in South Delhi where Ponty and his younger brother Hardeep were killed in the shootout that occurred a few hours later.
Seeking bail for the two, their counsel RS Jakhar and BS Jakhar told the court that the accused were falsely implicated in the case.
The two were employed by Ponty to supervise the farmhouse and they were present at the spot with his consent, he said.
The counsel also claimed the complainant has lodged a false and concocted FIR against the two.
The police, however, had opposed their bail pleas saying the other co-accused are still absconding and if these two are released on bail, they may tamper with the evidence and may help other accused in absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre