Ponty`s men arrested for entering disputed farmhouse gets bail
New Delhi: Liquor baron Ponty Chadha`s two employees, arrested for allegedly trespassing into a disputed farmhouse at Bijwasan here before shootout at Chadhas` Chattarpur farmhouse, have been granted bail by a Delhi court.
Metropolitan Magistrate Ruchika Singhla released accused Vijay Kumar and Madan Rana on bail on furnishing "a personal bond and two local sureties in the sum of Rs 20,000 each."
Kumar and Rana, who were working as supervisors at Chadhas` farmhouse at Bijwasan (G-19) in South West Delhi, were arrested by the Delhi Police on November 18 for allegedly committing offences of wrongful restrain, preparation for hurting and assaulting, trespassing and intimidating.
While enlarging the two on bail, the court has directed them not to leave the country without its prior permission.
The police was also suspecting the involvement of the two in November 17 morning raid at Chadhas Chhattarpur farmhouse in South Delhi where Ponty and his younger brother Hardeep were killed in the shootout that occurred a few hours later.
Seeking bail for the two, their counsel RS Jakhar and BS Jakhar told the court that the accused were falsely implicated in the case.
The two were employed by Ponty to supervise the farmhouse and they were present at the spot with his consent, he said.
The counsel also claimed the complainant has lodged a false and concocted FIR against the two.
The police, however, had opposed their bail pleas saying the other co-accused are still absconding and if these two are released on bail, they may tamper with the evidence and may help other accused in absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation