Power outage: Moily to meet 8 CMs today
New Delhi: Eight northern states will discuss on Monday with Union Power Minister Veerapa Moily the issues they face in electricity transmission and distribution.
Moily had last week called a meeting of Chief Ministers of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, J&K, Rajasthan and Delhi after the country witnessed one of the worst-ever power crises on last Tuesday that hit lives of over 60 crore people.
"Some of the states have confirmed their participation while some are yet to confirm," a Power Ministry official said.
Northern, Eastern and North-Eastern grids had collapsed on Tuesday afternoon hitting power supply to 21 states.
The states affected included Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, West Bengal, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Manipur and Assam, besides Union Territory of Chandigarh.
The reason for grid failure is, however, yet to be ascertained.
This three grids collapsed within 24 hours of the Northern Grid getting restored following a failure on Monday.
The Power Ministry has set up a three-member panel, headed by Central Electricity Authority (CEA) Chairperson A S Bakshi to look into the tripping of grids. The committee is expected to submit its report in a fortnight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog