Pranab meets Hillary, discusses bilateral ties
Washington: Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee met US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and National Security Adviser Tom Donilon to discuss bilateral and
"The secretary and the minister talked about their mutual
interest in strengthening and deepening economic and strategic
cooperation as we prepare for the second US-India strategic
dialogue, which will take place in New Delhi in July," State
Department spokesman Mike Hammer said.
The two leaders discussed a broad range of subjects,
including key bilateral and regional issues, he said.
At the White House meeting, Donilon and Mukherjee
reviewed the progress made by the two nations on the steps
taken after the November visit of US President Barack Obama.
"The the two men discussed regional and global issues,
economics and the progress being made on the initiatives
launched during President Obama`s 2010 visit to India," a US
According to an Indian official, Mukherjee and the US
leaders, among other things, also discussed the current
situation in Afghanistan in the context of the drawdown of
American troops beginning July and shared notes on their
analysis of the situation in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India