President condoles passing away of Swami Nityananda Maharaj
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee has condoled the passing away of Swami Nityananda Maharaj, the Founder Secretary of Ramakrishana Vivekananda Mission.
In a condolence message, Mukherjee said: "I came to know that our most respected Swami Nityananda Maharaj has left for heavenly above (Ramakrishnalok). I expected that he would be cured after getting treatment at AIIMS, Delhi. But the wish of the Almighty was otherwise and he left his worldly body."
"One cannot express condolences for a Monk who is detached with the materialistic world, so I am offering profound respect to this noble soul. May his efforts spread with new zeal," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing