President to visit Hyderabad, West Bengal
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will undertake a four-day visit to Andhra Pradesh and West Bengal from Thursday.
The President will travel to Hyderabad to inaugurate the 28th Congress of Asia Pacific-Academy of Ophthalmology in conjunction with the 71st Annual Conference of All India Ophthalmological Society.
From there, Mukherjee will move to West Bengal where he will inaugurate the 150th Birth Anniversary celebrations of Swami Vivekananda in Kolkata on Friday.
Officials said that on the same day he would unveil statues of freedom fighters Ajoykumar Mukherjee, Satishchandra Samanta and Sushilkumar Dhara at Nimtouri and address newspersons on the occasion of completion of 90 years of the Indian Journalists? Association at Kolkata.
On Saturday, Mukherjee will attend the closing ceremony of 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda at Barrackpore and then reach the Bengal Engineering and Science University at Shibpur for its 15th convocation.
On Sunday, Mukherjee would visit Netaji Bhawan in Kolkata to lay the foundation stone for the new building of a college and among several other functions inaugurate the new Integrated Terminal Building of Kolkata Airport at Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport in Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Oops! Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah gets kissed by woman in public — Watch video
- Iraqi army declares Fallujah fully liberated from Islamic State
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more
- How al Qaeda radicalises youth and trains them, reveals arrested militant leader
- Government allows airlines to import up to 18 year old planes