President to visit Hyderabad, West Bengal
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will undertake a four-day visit to Andhra Pradesh and West Bengal from Thursday.
The President will travel to Hyderabad to inaugurate the 28th Congress of Asia Pacific-Academy of Ophthalmology in conjunction with the 71st Annual Conference of All India Ophthalmological Society.
From there, Mukherjee will move to West Bengal where he will inaugurate the 150th Birth Anniversary celebrations of Swami Vivekananda in Kolkata on Friday.
Officials said that on the same day he would unveil statues of freedom fighters Ajoykumar Mukherjee, Satishchandra Samanta and Sushilkumar Dhara at Nimtouri and address newspersons on the occasion of completion of 90 years of the Indian Journalists? Association at Kolkata.
On Saturday, Mukherjee will attend the closing ceremony of 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda at Barrackpore and then reach the Bengal Engineering and Science University at Shibpur for its 15th convocation.
On Sunday, Mukherjee would visit Netaji Bhawan in Kolkata to lay the foundation stone for the new building of a college and among several other functions inaugurate the new Integrated Terminal Building of Kolkata Airport at Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport in Kolkata.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living