President to visit Hyderabad, West Bengal
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will undertake a four-day visit to Andhra Pradesh and West Bengal from Thursday.
The President will travel to Hyderabad to inaugurate the 28th Congress of Asia Pacific-Academy of Ophthalmology in conjunction with the 71st Annual Conference of All India Ophthalmological Society.
From there, Mukherjee will move to West Bengal where he will inaugurate the 150th Birth Anniversary celebrations of Swami Vivekananda in Kolkata on Friday.
Officials said that on the same day he would unveil statues of freedom fighters Ajoykumar Mukherjee, Satishchandra Samanta and Sushilkumar Dhara at Nimtouri and address newspersons on the occasion of completion of 90 years of the Indian Journalists? Association at Kolkata.
On Saturday, Mukherjee will attend the closing ceremony of 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda at Barrackpore and then reach the Bengal Engineering and Science University at Shibpur for its 15th convocation.
On Sunday, Mukherjee would visit Netaji Bhawan in Kolkata to lay the foundation stone for the new building of a college and among several other functions inaugurate the new Integrated Terminal Building of Kolkata Airport at Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport in Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions