President to visit Tripura on Thursday
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will embark on a two-day trip on Thursday to Tripura during which he is scheduled to inaugurate Palatana gas-based power plant built by ONGC.
Mukherjee will attend the 10th convocation of Tripura Central University and the civic reception by Agartala Municipal Council at Town Hall tomorrow, a statement from Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
On June 21, he will attend fifth convocation of National Institute of Technology at Jirania. Mukherjee will also inaugurate the Palatana gas-based power plant, it said.
The first unit of the 726.6 MW gas-based power plant has started generating electricity.
The Rs 3,429 crore project has been built by ONGC through a special purpose vehicle, ONGC Tripura Power Company (OTPC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list