President to visit Tripura on Thursday
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will embark on a two-day trip on Thursday to Tripura during which he is scheduled to inaugurate Palatana gas-based power plant built by ONGC.
Mukherjee will attend the 10th convocation of Tripura Central University and the civic reception by Agartala Municipal Council at Town Hall tomorrow, a statement from Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
On June 21, he will attend fifth convocation of National Institute of Technology at Jirania. Mukherjee will also inaugurate the Palatana gas-based power plant, it said.
The first unit of the 726.6 MW gas-based power plant has started generating electricity.
The Rs 3,429 crore project has been built by ONGC through a special purpose vehicle, ONGC Tripura Power Company (OTPC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them