President to visit Tripura on Thursday
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will embark on a two-day trip on Thursday to Tripura during which he is scheduled to inaugurate Palatana gas-based power plant built by ONGC.
Mukherjee will attend the 10th convocation of Tripura Central University and the civic reception by Agartala Municipal Council at Town Hall tomorrow, a statement from Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
On June 21, he will attend fifth convocation of National Institute of Technology at Jirania. Mukherjee will also inaugurate the Palatana gas-based power plant, it said.
The first unit of the 726.6 MW gas-based power plant has started generating electricity.
The Rs 3,429 crore project has been built by ONGC through a special purpose vehicle, ONGC Tripura Power Company (OTPC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi