President turns 77
New Delhi: A big chocolate cake was cut at
Rashtrapati Bhawan on Monday to mark President Pratibha Patil`s
Vice President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh, Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Railways Minister
Dinesh Triwedi called on her to greet her on the occasion.
The President along with her spouse Devisingh Patil cut
the cake in the presence of her Rashtrapati Bhavan staff.
In her brief speech, Patil, whose tenure ends in July
next year, said she has cherished her time at Rashtrapati
Bhavan and derives her strength from the hardworking staff of
the President House.
Her Secretary Christie Fernandez handed over a bouquet of
red roses to the President on behalf of the Rasthrapati Bhawan
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam