President turns 77
New Delhi: A big chocolate cake was cut at
Rashtrapati Bhawan on Monday to mark President Pratibha Patil`s
Vice President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh, Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Railways Minister
Dinesh Triwedi called on her to greet her on the occasion.
The President along with her spouse Devisingh Patil cut
the cake in the presence of her Rashtrapati Bhavan staff.
In her brief speech, Patil, whose tenure ends in July
next year, said she has cherished her time at Rashtrapati
Bhavan and derives her strength from the hardworking staff of
the President House.
Her Secretary Christie Fernandez handed over a bouquet of
red roses to the President on behalf of the Rasthrapati Bhawan
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back
- Lodha panel report: CAB cancels AGM after SC's verdict
- Peter Thiel tells Republican convention he is ''proud to be gay''
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’