Process of removing 16 security bunkers from Srinagar underway
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
on Tuesday started the process of removing 16 security bunkers from
Srinagar city as part of the Centre`s peace initiatives to
reach out to the people of the Valley.
The decision to remove the bunkers was taken at a
meeting of the Unified Headquarters here last week as part of
the Centre`s eight-point Kashmir peace initiative.
The bunkers will be removed from Anganwadi centre
Wanihama, BD school Batmaloo, Sonawar, Janab Sahib Soura,
Hazratbal, PHC Palpora, Magarmal crossing, Agricultural
University Shalimar, DAV School Wazirbagh, SDPT Aloochibagh,
Miskinbagh, Firdausabad in Batamaloo, Sazgiripora, Sumkachbal,
Common Dental College Karanagar, Bone and Joint Hospital in
As part of its initiative to address the unrest in the
Kashmir Valley, the Centre had decided to appoint a group of
interlocutors to hold a "sustained dialogue" with various
shades of opinion, to release about 200 youth detained for
stone-pelting and de-scale the presence of security personnel.
It had also requested the state government to review
the deployment of security forces in the Kashmir Valley with
particular reference to de-scaling the number of bunkers,
check-points etc in Srinagar and other towns, and to review
the notification of areas as `disturbed areas`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead