Production warrant against Abu Jundal for Nov 26
New Delhi: Let Terrorist and 26/11 Mumbai attack key handler Abu Jundal was Saturday ordered to be produced before it by a Delhi court on November 26 as he could not appear before it after expiry of his judicial custody period.
District Judge (DJ) I S Mehta issued a production warrant against Jundal for his appearance in the court after jail authorities told it that he was in the custody of Gujarat ATS, court sources said.
Gujarat ATS had earlier taken the custody of Jundal for questioning of his alleged role in the 2006 Karanawati Express train blast at Ahmedabad station. Jundal is alleged to be one of the main conspirators of the blast.
Jundal was in judicial custody till today in connection with an FIR registered this year by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) following unearthing of a Lashkar-e-Toiba`s (LeT) conspiracy for terror strikes across the country.
The court on October 20 had remanded Jundal to judicial custody till today after the NIA had said he was not required for further custodial interrogation in connection with the case.
Jundal had earlier been handed over to the ATS Mumbai after the Delhi Police had said he was no longer required to be interrogated by it in the Jama Masjid attack case.
Mumbai ATS had wanted him in connection with the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case, the 26/11 Mumbai mayhem, the 2010 German bakery blast and the Nasik Academy attack.
He was brought back to Delhi by the Mumbai ATS which had produced him before a magisterial court here on October 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers