Rahul Gandhi doesn`t know ABC about RSS: Sushil Kumar Modi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: BJP leader and former Bihar deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi took a dig at Congress vice president on Tuesday saying that Rahul Gandhi did not know ABC of RSS.
He also advised Rahul to update his general knowledge.
The BJP leader posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter - “Rahul Gandhi doesn`t know even ABC about RSS. First he said RSS killed Gandhi and now he says Vaidik is a RSS man. Update GK.”
Rahul Gandhi doesn't know even ABC about RSS.Fst he said RSS killed Gandhi & now he says Vaidik is a RSSman.Update GK.
— Sushil Kumar Modi (@SushilModi) July 15, 2014
Journalist and Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev`s aide Ved Pratap Vaidik`s meeting with Hafiz Saeed earlier this month has led to a huge controversy with the Opposition, mainly the Congress party, taking on the BJP-led NDA government over the matter.
The issue was raised in the Parliament yesterday with the Congress cornering the government. However, the BJP sought to distance itself from the meeting between Vaidik and Hafiz with Union Finance and Defence Minister Arun Jaitley telling Rajya Sabha yesterday that the government had nothing to do with it even remotely.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj too made a statement in the Lok Sabha today, reiterating that her government had nothing to do with the meeting which had generated so much controversy.
Meanwhile, Rahul today again raised the matter and questioned whether the Indian embassy facilitated the meet and asked the BJP to clear the suspicion regarding the whole thing.
He also called Vaidik an `RSS` man, adding that it was a known fact.
Meanwhile, at the AICC briefing party spokesperson Randeep Surjewala said today, “Now a new revelation comes that Indian High Commission in Pakistan knew about the meeting with Saeed and Vaidik. There are successive revelations that are leading to the trail of unsolved mysteries and is leading to lurking suspicion in people`s mind whether Vaidik went to meet Saeed as a journalist on his own or he was sent on behalf of somebody in the government," PTI reported.
Vaidik has however categorically denied that he might have acted as government`s envoy.
Vaidik had met the chief of Jamaat-ud-Dawa, said to be the parent organisation of terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba, in Lahore on July 2 while touring Pakistan along with a group of journalists and politicians invited by a peace research institute.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Check uaresults.nic.in for Uttarakhand Board Class 12 result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes