Rail Budget is directionless, anti-people: BJP
New Delhi: BJP Wednesday termed the Railway
Budget as "directionless" and "anti-people", saying it will add to the woes of the common man already facing the brunt of spiralling prices.
"It is a directionless and anti-people budget," BJP`s
vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said, adding that without
taking effective steps for ensuring security, facility and
time, "announcements have been made for an expensive journey".
He said at a time when the common man was already under
attack from the burden of price rise and inflation, "the
railway budget has given another bigger blow".
Naqvi said, "While the Railway minister has announced a
five-year plan for taking care of security, facility and time,
the burden of increased fare has been slapped on the common
man in five minutes".
BJP general secretary Ananth Kumar said the Rail Budget
was "anti-aam aadmi" and there was no vision in the budget.
"There is no vision. There is no action and passenger has been
raised... prices will shoot up," he said.
He added, "This budget is annexure minister`s annexure
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre