Rail Budget is directionless, anti-people: BJP
New Delhi: BJP Wednesday termed the Railway
Budget as "directionless" and "anti-people", saying it will add to the woes of the common man already facing the brunt of spiralling prices.
"It is a directionless and anti-people budget," BJP`s
vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said, adding that without
taking effective steps for ensuring security, facility and
time, "announcements have been made for an expensive journey".
He said at a time when the common man was already under
attack from the burden of price rise and inflation, "the
railway budget has given another bigger blow".
Naqvi said, "While the Railway minister has announced a
five-year plan for taking care of security, facility and time,
the burden of increased fare has been slapped on the common
man in five minutes".
BJP general secretary Ananth Kumar said the Rail Budget
was "anti-aam aadmi" and there was no vision in the budget.
"There is no vision. There is no action and passenger has been
raised... prices will shoot up," he said.
He added, "This budget is annexure minister`s annexure
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price