Railway forms panel to probe Arunima Sinha mishap
Bareilly: The Railways has formed a four-member team to inquire into the incident in which national-level sportswoman Arunima Sinha alias Sonu lost her leg after being pushed from a moving train on April 11, a senior officer said.
"A high-level inquiry by a four-member team has been ordered
to probe into the incident which will submit its report within
a week`s time," additional divisional railway manager,
Moradabad, A K Singhal said.
The committee includes the Commandant of Railway Protection
Force, Divisional Safety Officer, Divisional Operating Manager
and an engineer, he said.
The railways would ensure that Arunima is given proper
treatment, he said.
Meanwhile, Arunima, who is recuperating in the hospital,
said she should be given job by the railways and compensation.
The statements of Arunima and her family members were taken
and other formalities completed by Deputy Chief Commercial Manager, Northern Railway, A K Gupta this morning.
Sonu, a 23-year-old national-level volleyball player, lost
her leg after she was pushed from the Padmavat Express in
Bareilly on April 11 by three men who were trying to rob her.
The incident took place between Chenati and Bareilly railway
stations when she was traveling to Gautam Buddha Nagar to
appear in a CISF recruitment examination.
A case under section 307 (attempt to murder) and 393
(attempt to robbery) of the IPC has been registered against
unidentified persons by the Government Railway Police.
In her FIR, Sonu had stated that three to four youths were
fighting in the train when one of them fell on her, Bareilly
GRP incharge Anees Ahmad had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!