Railway forms panel to probe Arunima Sinha mishap
Bareilly: The Railways has formed a four-member team to inquire into the incident in which national-level sportswoman Arunima Sinha alias Sonu lost her leg after being pushed from a moving train on April 11, a senior officer said.
"A high-level inquiry by a four-member team has been ordered
to probe into the incident which will submit its report within
a week`s time," additional divisional railway manager,
Moradabad, A K Singhal said.
The committee includes the Commandant of Railway Protection
Force, Divisional Safety Officer, Divisional Operating Manager
and an engineer, he said.
The railways would ensure that Arunima is given proper
treatment, he said.
Meanwhile, Arunima, who is recuperating in the hospital,
said she should be given job by the railways and compensation.
The statements of Arunima and her family members were taken
and other formalities completed by Deputy Chief Commercial Manager, Northern Railway, A K Gupta this morning.
Sonu, a 23-year-old national-level volleyball player, lost
her leg after she was pushed from the Padmavat Express in
Bareilly on April 11 by three men who were trying to rob her.
The incident took place between Chenati and Bareilly railway
stations when she was traveling to Gautam Buddha Nagar to
appear in a CISF recruitment examination.
A case under section 307 (attempt to murder) and 393
(attempt to robbery) of the IPC has been registered against
unidentified persons by the Government Railway Police.
In her FIR, Sonu had stated that three to four youths were
fighting in the train when one of them fell on her, Bareilly
GRP incharge Anees Ahmad had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid