Railways await experts` reports on safety
New Delhi: Even three months after being set up in the wake of a rise in train accidents, two high level committees on railway safety and modernisation are yet to submit their reports.
Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi had formed these expert
committees on railway safety and modernisation in September
2011 and the committees were expected to submit their initial
reports in three months.
While the safety committee is being headed by former
Atomic Energy Commission Chief Anil Kakodkar, modernisation
panel is headed by National Innovative Council head Sam
However, sources in railways said safety committee is
in an advanced stage of submitting the reports. "The committee
members have undertaken extensive field visits and met all
stakeholders including officials, union representatives and
others. It is a complex and multi-discipline issue and they
are doing an indepth study and analysis before submitting the
On modernisation, they said Pitroda committee is in the
process of submitting the reports.
The high-level safety committee of which former Delhi
Metro chief E Sreedharan is also a member is to review
long term safety needs of the national transporter.
Modernisation committee headed by Pitroda is to suggest
ways to modernise signalling and telecommunication system,
crucial for train operation in railways.
The committees were formed after the Kalka Mail accident
in Uttar Pradesh in July 2011, involving 70 casualties, and
the collision in Arakkonam in Tamil Nadu in which 10 people
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- CBI raids Visva Bharati varsity, officers' residences
- Substantial decline in riots and communal incidents: Naqvi
- Meghalaya Board SSLC Results 2016: megresults.nic.in, www.mbose.in; Tura Result 2016, MBOSE Class 10 Examination Result 2016 to be declared today at 10 am
- Mbose.in HSSLC SSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (Megresults.nic.in) MBOSE Tura 10th 12th (Arts) board exam results 2016 to be announced today on May 25
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM