Rain lashes Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Rains lashed many places in Punjab and Haryana on Friday with minimum temperature witnessing a slight increase.
Chandigarh was lashed by 7.3 mm of rain and the low here settled at 12.4 deg C, four notches above normal, the MeT said.
Amritsar registered a low of 11.4 deg C, up four degrees and received a rainfall of 6.6 mm. Ludhiana, too, recorded four degrees above normal low at 12.6 deg C and a rainfall of 7.2 mm.
Patiala`s minimum settled at 12.1 deg C, up three notches while the town was lashed by 6.2 mm of rain.
Among other places in Punjab to be lashed by rains included Mohali, Phagwara, Madhopur and Hoshiarpur.
In Haryana, Ambala recorded a low of 11.8 deg C, up three notches and received a rainfall of 5.7 mm.
Hisar`s minimum settled at 13.5 deg C, up three notches, while the town got a rainfall of 5.8 mm. Karnal, which was lashed by 9.4 mm of rains, recorded a low of 12.8 deg C, up three degrees.
Bhiwani was lashed by 9 mm of rain and the low there settled at 13 deg C, up four degrees, while Narnaul`s low settled at 11 deg C, up by two notches.
Among other places in Haryana to be lashed by rains included Panchkula, Kalka, Yamunanagar, Sonepat and Kurukshetra.
The MeT attributed present change in weather to a Western Disturbance over North Pakistan and neighbourhood and to an Upper Air Cyclonic Circulation which was active at Central Pakistan adjoining Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what