Rain lashes Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Rains lashed many places in Punjab and Haryana on Friday with minimum temperature witnessing a slight increase.
Chandigarh was lashed by 7.3 mm of rain and the low here settled at 12.4 deg C, four notches above normal, the MeT said.
Amritsar registered a low of 11.4 deg C, up four degrees and received a rainfall of 6.6 mm. Ludhiana, too, recorded four degrees above normal low at 12.6 deg C and a rainfall of 7.2 mm.
Patiala`s minimum settled at 12.1 deg C, up three notches while the town was lashed by 6.2 mm of rain.
Among other places in Punjab to be lashed by rains included Mohali, Phagwara, Madhopur and Hoshiarpur.
In Haryana, Ambala recorded a low of 11.8 deg C, up three notches and received a rainfall of 5.7 mm.
Hisar`s minimum settled at 13.5 deg C, up three notches, while the town got a rainfall of 5.8 mm. Karnal, which was lashed by 9.4 mm of rains, recorded a low of 12.8 deg C, up three degrees.
Bhiwani was lashed by 9 mm of rain and the low there settled at 13 deg C, up four degrees, while Narnaul`s low settled at 11 deg C, up by two notches.
Among other places in Haryana to be lashed by rains included Panchkula, Kalka, Yamunanagar, Sonepat and Kurukshetra.
The MeT attributed present change in weather to a Western Disturbance over North Pakistan and neighbourhood and to an Upper Air Cyclonic Circulation which was active at Central Pakistan adjoining Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!