Rain lashes Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Rains lashed many places in Punjab and Haryana on Friday with minimum temperature witnessing a slight increase.
Chandigarh was lashed by 7.3 mm of rain and the low here settled at 12.4 deg C, four notches above normal, the MeT said.
Amritsar registered a low of 11.4 deg C, up four degrees and received a rainfall of 6.6 mm. Ludhiana, too, recorded four degrees above normal low at 12.6 deg C and a rainfall of 7.2 mm.
Patiala`s minimum settled at 12.1 deg C, up three notches while the town was lashed by 6.2 mm of rain.
Among other places in Punjab to be lashed by rains included Mohali, Phagwara, Madhopur and Hoshiarpur.
In Haryana, Ambala recorded a low of 11.8 deg C, up three notches and received a rainfall of 5.7 mm.
Hisar`s minimum settled at 13.5 deg C, up three notches, while the town got a rainfall of 5.8 mm. Karnal, which was lashed by 9.4 mm of rains, recorded a low of 12.8 deg C, up three degrees.
Bhiwani was lashed by 9 mm of rain and the low there settled at 13 deg C, up four degrees, while Narnaul`s low settled at 11 deg C, up by two notches.
Among other places in Haryana to be lashed by rains included Panchkula, Kalka, Yamunanagar, Sonepat and Kurukshetra.
The MeT attributed present change in weather to a Western Disturbance over North Pakistan and neighbourhood and to an Upper Air Cyclonic Circulation which was active at Central Pakistan adjoining Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- 23 new doping failures from 2012 London Olympic Games: IOC
- Hamid Ansari's Morocco visit will boost strategic partnership with India: Larbi Reffouh
- Chabahar port deal 'not finished'; Pakistan, China welcome: Iran
- Listen to the government, Bajrang Dal is not BJP, says Amit Shah
- Read this to know where Barack Obama will stay after retirement!