Rajasthan govt suspends rape accused IAS officer BB Mohanty
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Jaipur: IAS officer BB Mohanty was on Tuesday suspended by the Rajasthan government following allegations of sexual exploitation against him.
The suspension came a day before Mohanty was to appear before the Jaipur police today after being summoned in the case of alleged sexual exploitation and rape of a 22-year-old woman.
The suspension order was issued by Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje after she received a detailed case report from the police.
Mohanty, who is an additional chief secretary (ACS) rank officer, was posted as chairman of the Rajasthan Civil Services Appellate Tribunal.
The victim had yesterday recorded her statement before a magistrate.
The victim, a civil services aspirant, had alleged that the officer had called her to a place in Swej farm and raped her repeatedly on February 17 and 19 last year.
Mohanty had rejected the allegations as "baseless". "This is all nonsense... the allegations against me are baseless," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February