Rajasthan govt suspends rape accused IAS officer BB Mohanty
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Jaipur: IAS officer BB Mohanty was on Tuesday suspended by the Rajasthan government following allegations of sexual exploitation against him.
The suspension came a day before Mohanty was to appear before the Jaipur police today after being summoned in the case of alleged sexual exploitation and rape of a 22-year-old woman.
The suspension order was issued by Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje after she received a detailed case report from the police.
Mohanty, who is an additional chief secretary (ACS) rank officer, was posted as chairman of the Rajasthan Civil Services Appellate Tribunal.
The victim had yesterday recorded her statement before a magistrate.
The victim, a civil services aspirant, had alleged that the officer had called her to a place in Swej farm and raped her repeatedly on February 17 and 19 last year.
Mohanty had rejected the allegations as "baseless". "This is all nonsense... the allegations against me are baseless," he had said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra