Rajasthan govt suspends rape accused IAS officer BB Mohanty
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Jaipur: IAS officer BB Mohanty was on Tuesday suspended by the Rajasthan government following allegations of sexual exploitation against him.
The suspension came a day before Mohanty was to appear before the Jaipur police today after being summoned in the case of alleged sexual exploitation and rape of a 22-year-old woman.
The suspension order was issued by Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje after she received a detailed case report from the police.
Mohanty, who is an additional chief secretary (ACS) rank officer, was posted as chairman of the Rajasthan Civil Services Appellate Tribunal.
The victim had yesterday recorded her statement before a magistrate.
The victim, a civil services aspirant, had alleged that the officer had called her to a place in Swej farm and raped her repeatedly on February 17 and 19 last year.
Mohanty had rejected the allegations as "baseless". "This is all nonsense... the allegations against me are baseless," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Islam doesn't allow women to visit graves, Haji Ali Dargah is one of them: Chairman
- Davis Cup: India to host Spain under flood-lights
- India, US eye bilateral trade worth $500 billion: Report
- GST, reforms to boost bilateral trade with India, address biz climate issues: US
- REVEALED: Gianni Infantino says FIFA salary less than USD 2m, well below Sepp Blatter earned