Rajasthan govt suspends rape accused IAS officer BB Mohanty
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Jaipur: IAS officer BB Mohanty was on Tuesday suspended by the Rajasthan government following allegations of sexual exploitation against him.
The suspension came a day before Mohanty was to appear before the Jaipur police today after being summoned in the case of alleged sexual exploitation and rape of a 22-year-old woman.
The suspension order was issued by Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje after she received a detailed case report from the police.
Mohanty, who is an additional chief secretary (ACS) rank officer, was posted as chairman of the Rajasthan Civil Services Appellate Tribunal.
The victim had yesterday recorded her statement before a magistrate.
The victim, a civil services aspirant, had alleged that the officer had called her to a place in Swej farm and raped her repeatedly on February 17 and 19 last year.
Mohanty had rejected the allegations as "baseless". "This is all nonsense... the allegations against me are baseless," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured