Rajnath Singh endorses Amit Shah`s views on Ram Temple
Kolkata: Virtually endorsing BJP general secretary Amit Shah`s statement on construction of Ram Temple at Ayodha, BJP president Rajnath Singh on Saturday said all Hindus want it to come up there.
"I don`t know what he (Amit Shah) has said. But if he had said so then what`s wrong in it? All Hindus want a Ram temple there, Muslims wants a mosque there. But the matter is pending before the court. Let the court give its verdict. But if a Ram Temple comes up there then we all would be happy," Singh, who was on a private visit, told reporters.
Shah, a close confidant of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, made his first visit to the make-shift Ram temple at Ayodhya after he took over as BJP General Secretary in-charge of Uttar Pradesh recently.
"I have prayed that we together build a grand Ram temple here as soon as possible and restore Lord Ram to his rightful place," Shah had said during his visit to Ayodha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016