Rajnath Singh endorses Amit Shah`s views on Ram Temple
Kolkata: Virtually endorsing BJP general secretary Amit Shah`s statement on construction of Ram Temple at Ayodha, BJP president Rajnath Singh on Saturday said all Hindus want it to come up there.
"I don`t know what he (Amit Shah) has said. But if he had said so then what`s wrong in it? All Hindus want a Ram temple there, Muslims wants a mosque there. But the matter is pending before the court. Let the court give its verdict. But if a Ram Temple comes up there then we all would be happy," Singh, who was on a private visit, told reporters.
Shah, a close confidant of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, made his first visit to the make-shift Ram temple at Ayodhya after he took over as BJP General Secretary in-charge of Uttar Pradesh recently.
"I have prayed that we together build a grand Ram temple here as soon as possible and restore Lord Ram to his rightful place," Shah had said during his visit to Ayodha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa