Rajnath Singh`s two-hour long reply tests Opposition members` patience
New Delhi: The over two-hour reply of Home Minister Rajnath Singh in the Rajya Sabha this evening tested the patience of opposition benches many of whose members turned restive.
Deputy Chairman PJ Kurien also asked Singh a few times how much time he is going to take to complete his reply.
As Singh took pains to answer the points raised by each member who participated in the over eight-hour debate on the Home Ministry`s functioning, opposition members pointed out that a member to whom he was replying was not present.
Members in the opposition benches were seen gesturing at each other displaying their impatience while those in the treasury benches were seen enjoying the opposition`s plight.
While Satyavrat Chaturvedi (Cong) said they will not ask the Home Minister any questions again, his colleague Anand Sharma was seen gesturing at the minister with folded hands, apparently indicating his fatigue.
Sitaram Yechury (CPI-M) said the government has indeed tested their patience and it is a "good strategy" to "tackle" the opposition.
Many opposition members turned impatient to leave the House and some who wanted to seek a clarification from the minister were goaded not to do so.
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Prakash Javadekar also sent a chit to the Leader of the Opposition Ghulam Nabi Azad, that brought smiles on the Congress member`s face.
At the end of the Home Minister`s speech, Kurien said "the House compliments you for replying to every member`s point" and members were seen greeting each other when the House was adjourned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened