Rajya Sabha takes up SEBI bill
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha on Tuesday took up the Securities Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2014, with a view to curb the menace of ponzi schemes.
The bill has been brought in the wake of thousands of people in West Bengal losing their money in the Saradha chit fund scam.
The new law empowers market watchdog Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to search the premises of suspect companies and obtain information within and outside India.
The bill was passed by the Lok Sabha on August 06.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Maharashtra B.Ed CET Result 2016: dhe.mhpravesh.in declares B.Ed CET Results, check B.Ed result 2016 by directly clicking here
- Delhi boy 'Sonu', abducted 6 years ago, returns home from Bangladesh today
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan lends his majestic voice for the title track, impresses again! – Check out
- Caitlyn Jenner, Lady Gaga to pay tribute to Orlando Victims
- Beach fresh in pastel, Priyanka Chopra exhibits simplicity in new magazine cover!