Rajya Sabha takes up SEBI bill
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha on Tuesday took up the Securities Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2014, with a view to curb the menace of ponzi schemes.
The bill has been brought in the wake of thousands of people in West Bengal losing their money in the Saradha chit fund scam.
The new law empowers market watchdog Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to search the premises of suspect companies and obtain information within and outside India.
The bill was passed by the Lok Sabha on August 06.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read