Ramdev being taken to Haridwar: Pillai
New Delhi: Home Secretary GK Pillai on Sunday said yoga guru Baba Ramdev was being taken to his ashram in Haridwar after police in a midnight action quelled his mass hunger strike and dispersed thousands of his followers.
"He is being taken to his ashram in Haridwar. He will be there by lunch time," Pillai said.
He dismissed the claim by Ramdev`s supporters that the yoga guru was arrested.
He was detained for a while and later escorted out of Delhi, Pillai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’