Ramdev being taken to Haridwar: Pillai
New Delhi: Home Secretary GK Pillai on Sunday said yoga guru Baba Ramdev was being taken to his ashram in Haridwar after police in a midnight action quelled his mass hunger strike and dispersed thousands of his followers.
"He is being taken to his ashram in Haridwar. He will be there by lunch time," Pillai said.
He dismissed the claim by Ramdev`s supporters that the yoga guru was arrested.
He was detained for a while and later escorted out of Delhi, Pillai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss