Ramdev takes holy dip in Ganga after breaking fast
Haridwar: After breaking his six-day fast against corruption, Yoga guru Ramdev on Tuesday took a holy dip in River Ganga at Har-Ki-Pauri in Haridwar.
Ramdev drove straight to Haridwar after meeting his close aide Balkrishna in Dehradun`s Suddhowala jail and took a dip in the Ganges along with his supporters amid slogan shouting against the UPA government.
Earlier, he visited Shatikunj Ashram where he was honoured by BJP leader and MLA Swami Yatishwaranand, who garlanded the Yoga guru.
Talking to reporters here, Ramdev said he would neither float any political party nor would he join politics.
"My main purpose is to bring black money back home," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India