Ramdev takes holy dip in Ganga after breaking fast
Haridwar: After breaking his six-day fast against corruption, Yoga guru Ramdev on Tuesday took a holy dip in River Ganga at Har-Ki-Pauri in Haridwar.
Ramdev drove straight to Haridwar after meeting his close aide Balkrishna in Dehradun`s Suddhowala jail and took a dip in the Ganges along with his supporters amid slogan shouting against the UPA government.
Earlier, he visited Shatikunj Ashram where he was honoured by BJP leader and MLA Swami Yatishwaranand, who garlanded the Yoga guru.
Talking to reporters here, Ramdev said he would neither float any political party nor would he join politics.
"My main purpose is to bring black money back home," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference