Ramdev takes holy dip in Ganga after breaking fast
Haridwar: After breaking his six-day fast against corruption, Yoga guru Ramdev on Tuesday took a holy dip in River Ganga at Har-Ki-Pauri in Haridwar.
Ramdev drove straight to Haridwar after meeting his close aide Balkrishna in Dehradun`s Suddhowala jail and took a dip in the Ganges along with his supporters amid slogan shouting against the UPA government.
Earlier, he visited Shatikunj Ashram where he was honoured by BJP leader and MLA Swami Yatishwaranand, who garlanded the Yoga guru.
Talking to reporters here, Ramdev said he would neither float any political party nor would he join politics.
"My main purpose is to bring black money back home," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video