Ramlila happens every year: Khurshid on Ramdev`s protest
New Delhi: Taking a jibe at Baba Ramdev`s protest at Ramlila Maidan, union Law Minister Salman Khurshid Thursday said that "Ramlila takes place every year".
"Ramlila takes place every year. Similarly, in a democracy people have different opinions which they display regularly. Since it is happening before the people, they will make a decision," Khurshid told reporters.
Ramdev Thursday started his protest against black money and corruption.
A controversy was triggered at the venue over a banner showing Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna, who is in jail in a case related to fraud, along with Mahatma Gandhi and several other prominent persons.
The banner was later removed.
The Congress condemned the banner, saying it is for Ramdev to answer.
"To put the photo of a person against whom fraud case is registered and who is in jail, along with Mahatma Gandhi, Bhagat Singh, Sardar Patel, Subhash Chandra Bose, is condemnable," said union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!