Ramlila happens every year: Khurshid on Ramdev`s protest
New Delhi: Taking a jibe at Baba Ramdev`s protest at Ramlila Maidan, union Law Minister Salman Khurshid Thursday said that "Ramlila takes place every year".
"Ramlila takes place every year. Similarly, in a democracy people have different opinions which they display regularly. Since it is happening before the people, they will make a decision," Khurshid told reporters.
Ramdev Thursday started his protest against black money and corruption.
A controversy was triggered at the venue over a banner showing Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna, who is in jail in a case related to fraud, along with Mahatma Gandhi and several other prominent persons.
The banner was later removed.
The Congress condemned the banner, saying it is for Ramdev to answer.
"To put the photo of a person against whom fraud case is registered and who is in jail, along with Mahatma Gandhi, Bhagat Singh, Sardar Patel, Subhash Chandra Bose, is condemnable," said union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah