Ramlila happens every year: Khurshid on Ramdev`s protest
New Delhi: Taking a jibe at Baba Ramdev`s protest at Ramlila Maidan, union Law Minister Salman Khurshid Thursday said that "Ramlila takes place every year".
"Ramlila takes place every year. Similarly, in a democracy people have different opinions which they display regularly. Since it is happening before the people, they will make a decision," Khurshid told reporters.
Ramdev Thursday started his protest against black money and corruption.
A controversy was triggered at the venue over a banner showing Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna, who is in jail in a case related to fraud, along with Mahatma Gandhi and several other prominent persons.
The banner was later removed.
The Congress condemned the banner, saying it is for Ramdev to answer.
"To put the photo of a person against whom fraud case is registered and who is in jail, along with Mahatma Gandhi, Bhagat Singh, Sardar Patel, Subhash Chandra Bose, is condemnable," said union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark