Ready to discuss issues in accordance with rules: PM
New Delhi: As the month-long monsoon session of Parliament got underway, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday said the government is prepared to discuss any issue in accordance with rules and hoped the opposition would cooperate in tackling legislative business before the two Houses.
"Our government is prepared to discuss any issue in accordance with the rules and procedure," he told reporters while entering Parliament on the first day of the monsoon session.
Asked about the adjournment motion BJP plans to move in Parliament on ethnic violence in Assam, Singh said, "We welcome Parliament as a forum for dialogue".
He said a decision on his statement on Assam violence would be based on what happens in Parliament.
Singh said he hoped all political parties would cooperate with the government in smooth functioning of Parliament during the monsoon session.
"I sincerely hope that all political parties will cooperate with the government in ensuring that this session moves forward smoothly to tackle the many legislative questions which are now before the two Houses," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing