Ready to discuss issues in accordance with rules: PM
New Delhi: As the month-long monsoon session of Parliament got underway, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday said the government is prepared to discuss any issue in accordance with rules and hoped the opposition would cooperate in tackling legislative business before the two Houses.
"Our government is prepared to discuss any issue in accordance with the rules and procedure," he told reporters while entering Parliament on the first day of the monsoon session.
Asked about the adjournment motion BJP plans to move in Parliament on ethnic violence in Assam, Singh said, "We welcome Parliament as a forum for dialogue".
He said a decision on his statement on Assam violence would be based on what happens in Parliament.
Singh said he hoped all political parties would cooperate with the government in smooth functioning of Parliament during the monsoon session.
"I sincerely hope that all political parties will cooperate with the government in ensuring that this session moves forward smoothly to tackle the many legislative questions which are now before the two Houses," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends