Respect the existence of plurality of identities: Hamid Ansari
Varanasi: Indian multiculturalism has set
high standards for the world to follow but many doubts are
being raised about its feasibility in different parts of the
world, Vice-President Hamid Ansari said on Saturday.
Speaking on the theme `Nationalism and Internationalism
in the world of tomorrow`, Ansari said the challenge of
resolving tensions remains work in progress.
"Homogenisation or assimilation, however, is not the
answer; it is neither feasible nor desirable," the Vice
President said while delivering an address at annual
convocation of Banaras Hindu University.
Ansari opined that a de-nationalisation of the state
appears to be in progress.
"We increasingly encounter the role of supra-national and
sub-national entities. On the one hand, there are global
problems that transcend national borders in their origin and
impact," Ansari said.
He clubbed pandemics, climatic and environmental
disasters and economic crisis in this category and said the
need was global solutions through international consultation,
cooperation and enforcement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?