Right decision to break our alliance with BJP: Nitish Kumar
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: A day after Bharatiya Janata Party poll panel chief Narendra Modi launched a scathing attack on the Congress saying that the ruling party hides behind the burqa of secularism when in trouble, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar justified breaking ties with the National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
Making a veiled reference to Narendra Modi’s recent statements, the Janata Dal (United) leader said that the comments which have come to light in recent days vindicate our stand of breaking away from the NDA.
Warming up to the Congress, the JD(U) leader advocated for the Food Security Bill and said it will support the UPA government on the particular issue.
The JD(U) last month to walk out of the NDA, and had said that that there would not be any alliance with the BJP in the Bihar government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report