Right decision to break our alliance with BJP: Nitish Kumar
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: A day after Bharatiya Janata Party poll panel chief Narendra Modi launched a scathing attack on the Congress saying that the ruling party hides behind the burqa of secularism when in trouble, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar justified breaking ties with the National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
Making a veiled reference to Narendra Modi’s recent statements, the Janata Dal (United) leader said that the comments which have come to light in recent days vindicate our stand of breaking away from the NDA.
Warming up to the Congress, the JD(U) leader advocated for the Food Security Bill and said it will support the UPA government on the particular issue.
The JD(U) last month to walk out of the NDA, and had said that that there would not be any alliance with the BJP in the Bihar government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam