Rise above vote bank politics: RSS chief
Guwahati: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat has urged political parties to rise above vote bank politics and find a solution to the migrants` row.
"Whole of India is for all Indians and all Indians can earn livelihood anywhere in India. Language, caste, sub-castes, groups, tribes can be different, but all are sons of India. This is a misconception that employment has decreased at our place because of migrants. Solution of this grievance should be found but the solution is not that you refuse people of your country to migrate to your area. The solution can be found if administration and government are dedicated. All political parties should rising above the vote-bank politics and consider this issue," Bhagwat told a news conference here.
On the issue of talks with the ULFA, Bhagwat said barring a discussion on the issue of sovereignty and the unity and integrity of the nation, any issue can be discussed with the outfit and amicably resolved.
"Talks cannot be held in the presence of violence. So, peace negotiations should be started with those who are ready shun violence," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail