Rise above vote bank politics: RSS chief
Guwahati: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat has urged political parties to rise above vote bank politics and find a solution to the migrants` row.
"Whole of India is for all Indians and all Indians can earn livelihood anywhere in India. Language, caste, sub-castes, groups, tribes can be different, but all are sons of India. This is a misconception that employment has decreased at our place because of migrants. Solution of this grievance should be found but the solution is not that you refuse people of your country to migrate to your area. The solution can be found if administration and government are dedicated. All political parties should rising above the vote-bank politics and consider this issue," Bhagwat told a news conference here.
On the issue of talks with the ULFA, Bhagwat said barring a discussion on the issue of sovereignty and the unity and integrity of the nation, any issue can be discussed with the outfit and amicably resolved.
"Talks cannot be held in the presence of violence. So, peace negotiations should be started with those who are ready shun violence," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?