Rishiraj Singh assumes charge as JD of CBI`s anti-graft wing
Bhopal: Senior IPS officer Rishiraj Singh has assumed the charge as the Joint Director of CBI (Anti-corruption branch) of Central Zone.
Earlier he was supervising the multi-crore Adarsh housing scam.
The 1985 batch IPS officer of Kerala cadre took charge as the incharge of CBI`s anti-corruption wing for Bhopal, Jabalpur and Chhattisgarh yesterday, officials said.
Singh replaced Hemant Priyadarshi, who has been transferred to Mumbai as the CBI`s Joint Director of Economic Offences Wing.
Singh is known to have played a major role in exposing recruitments` scandal in the National Defence Academy, Canteen Store Department (CSD) in Mumbai, and in probing the Adarsh housing scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe