Rishiraj Singh assumes charge as JD of CBI`s anti-graft wing
Bhopal: Senior IPS officer Rishiraj Singh has assumed the charge as the Joint Director of CBI (Anti-corruption branch) of Central Zone.
Earlier he was supervising the multi-crore Adarsh housing scam.
The 1985 batch IPS officer of Kerala cadre took charge as the incharge of CBI`s anti-corruption wing for Bhopal, Jabalpur and Chhattisgarh yesterday, officials said.
Singh replaced Hemant Priyadarshi, who has been transferred to Mumbai as the CBI`s Joint Director of Economic Offences Wing.
Singh is known to have played a major role in exposing recruitments` scandal in the National Defence Academy, Canteen Store Department (CSD) in Mumbai, and in probing the Adarsh housing scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video