Rohinton Nariman to be the new Solicitor General
New Delhi: Senior advocate Rohinton F Nariman is all set to become the new Solicitor General of India.
Nariman’s appointment as the second senior most law officer of the country follows the resignation of Gopal Subramaniam from the post of Solicitor General.
As per reports, government had prepared a panel of names for the post following Subramaniam’s resignation. Apart from Nariman, the list also included the names of three Additional Solicitors-Generals -- Mohan Parasaran, Indira Jaising and Vivek Tanka.
Nariman`s seniority, his vast experience is believed to be reason for his selection to the top post. Nariman, 55, is the son of eminent jurist Fali S Nariman.
The formal notification on the appointment will be issued next week after the Appointments Committee of Cabinet gives its seal of approval, sources said.
Gopal Subramaniam had earlier put in his papers after the appointment of Nariman as a special counsel to represent the government in the 2G spectrum case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post