Rohinton Nariman to be the new Solicitor General
New Delhi: Senior advocate Rohinton F Nariman is all set to become the new Solicitor General of India.
Nariman’s appointment as the second senior most law officer of the country follows the resignation of Gopal Subramaniam from the post of Solicitor General.
As per reports, government had prepared a panel of names for the post following Subramaniam’s resignation. Apart from Nariman, the list also included the names of three Additional Solicitors-Generals -- Mohan Parasaran, Indira Jaising and Vivek Tanka.
Nariman`s seniority, his vast experience is believed to be reason for his selection to the top post. Nariman, 55, is the son of eminent jurist Fali S Nariman.
The formal notification on the appointment will be issued next week after the Appointments Committee of Cabinet gives its seal of approval, sources said.
Gopal Subramaniam had earlier put in his papers after the appointment of Nariman as a special counsel to represent the government in the 2G spectrum case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- Saudi Arabia denounces Iran over decision to not send Hajj pilgrims this year
- Vaishno Devi pilgrim dies after heart attack
- CLP leader Narayanasamy meets Kiran Bedi, stakes claim to form government in Puducherry
- Amitabh Bachchan finally reacts to daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai's purple lips at Cannes!
- PHOTO: When Yuvraj Singh did push ups during post-match celebration in Chris Gayle style after SRH beat RCB