Rohinton Nariman to be the new Solicitor General
New Delhi: Senior advocate Rohinton F Nariman is all set to become the new Solicitor General of India.
Nariman’s appointment as the second senior most law officer of the country follows the resignation of Gopal Subramaniam from the post of Solicitor General.
As per reports, government had prepared a panel of names for the post following Subramaniam’s resignation. Apart from Nariman, the list also included the names of three Additional Solicitors-Generals -- Mohan Parasaran, Indira Jaising and Vivek Tanka.
Nariman`s seniority, his vast experience is believed to be reason for his selection to the top post. Nariman, 55, is the son of eminent jurist Fali S Nariman.
The formal notification on the appointment will be issued next week after the Appointments Committee of Cabinet gives its seal of approval, sources said.
Gopal Subramaniam had earlier put in his papers after the appointment of Nariman as a special counsel to represent the government in the 2G spectrum case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III