Rohinton Nariman to be the new Solicitor General
New Delhi: Senior advocate Rohinton F Nariman is all set to become the new Solicitor General of India.
Nariman’s appointment as the second senior most law officer of the country follows the resignation of Gopal Subramaniam from the post of Solicitor General.
As per reports, government had prepared a panel of names for the post following Subramaniam’s resignation. Apart from Nariman, the list also included the names of three Additional Solicitors-Generals -- Mohan Parasaran, Indira Jaising and Vivek Tanka.
Nariman`s seniority, his vast experience is believed to be reason for his selection to the top post. Nariman, 55, is the son of eminent jurist Fali S Nariman.
The formal notification on the appointment will be issued next week after the Appointments Committee of Cabinet gives its seal of approval, sources said.
Gopal Subramaniam had earlier put in his papers after the appointment of Nariman as a special counsel to represent the government in the 2G spectrum case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state