`Rs 1.49 lakh cr given by Govt for flagship projects
New Delhi: Centre released Rs 1.49 lakh crore to the states during 2011-12 towards major flagship programmes, Parliament was informed Friday.
These programmes include Mahatama Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA), Indira Awas Yojna, Sarva Siksha Abhiyan, Mid-Day Meal, Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojna, Accelerated Rural Water Supply Programme and Total Sanitation Campaign, the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Statistics and Programme Implementation Srikant Kumar Jena told Rajya Sabha in a written reply.
"State governments are generally implementing the centrally sponsored schemes (CSS) in accordance with the guidelines formulated by respective administrative central ministries/departments," Jena said.
The monitoring and review of CSS are also undertaken by the respective central ministries/departments and release of funds to state governments are made by the administrative ministries/department concerned on the basis of allocations and submission to utilisation certificates, he added further.
In 2010-11, the Centre had released Rs 1.44 lakh crore and the states` expenditure including their own share stood at Rs 1.59 lakh crore, he said.
In 2009-10, the Centre`s share stood at Rs 1.19 lakh crore and the expenditure (including states` share) was at Rs 1.42 lakh crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note