`Rs 1.49 lakh cr given by Govt for flagship projects
New Delhi: Centre released Rs 1.49 lakh crore to the states during 2011-12 towards major flagship programmes, Parliament was informed Friday.
These programmes include Mahatama Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA), Indira Awas Yojna, Sarva Siksha Abhiyan, Mid-Day Meal, Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojna, Accelerated Rural Water Supply Programme and Total Sanitation Campaign, the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Statistics and Programme Implementation Srikant Kumar Jena told Rajya Sabha in a written reply.
"State governments are generally implementing the centrally sponsored schemes (CSS) in accordance with the guidelines formulated by respective administrative central ministries/departments," Jena said.
The monitoring and review of CSS are also undertaken by the respective central ministries/departments and release of funds to state governments are made by the administrative ministries/department concerned on the basis of allocations and submission to utilisation certificates, he added further.
In 2010-11, the Centre had released Rs 1.44 lakh crore and the states` expenditure including their own share stood at Rs 1.59 lakh crore, he said.
In 2009-10, the Centre`s share stood at Rs 1.19 lakh crore and the expenditure (including states` share) was at Rs 1.42 lakh crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway