RS polls tickets, K’taka crisis rock BJP meeting
New Delhi: Grievances over ticket
distribution in the biennial elections to Rajya Sabha and the
crisis in Karnataka over former chief minister BS
Yeddyurappa`s demand for his reinstatement rocked the BJP
parliamentary party meeting here on Tuesday.
BJP MP from Hazaribagh, Jharkhand, Yashwant Sinha spoke
against the party decision to not field a candidate from the
state in the Rajya Sabha elections. He opposed the tacit
support being given to Anshuman Mishra, an Independent
MPs supported Sinha with some of them even levelling
charges that the party has "sold" the Rajya Sabha ticket.
The denial of ticket to Deputy Leader of BJP in Rajya
Sabha S S Ahluwalia, MP from Jharkhand, also figured
prominently in the meeting with members expressing their
Shanta Kumar, BJP MP from Himachal Pradesh, said
Ahluwalia was an effective leader in the Upper House and
should have been given another term. The fact that no
candidate has been put up by BJP from Jharkhand and instead
Mishra will be supported further angered these leaders.
Bhola Singh, MP from Nawada, said the conscience of the
party is "dead and it is bowing to money power".
Parliamentary party chief LK Advani had to intervene
after several MPs voiced their concern and assured the members
that he would take up the issue with party president Nitin
Gadkari, who is away in Mumbai.
Aaonla MP Maneka Gandhi urged that the central leadership
end the crisis in Karnataka and look into the demands of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video