RS polls tickets, K’taka crisis rock BJP meeting
New Delhi: Grievances over ticket
distribution in the biennial elections to Rajya Sabha and the
crisis in Karnataka over former chief minister BS
Yeddyurappa`s demand for his reinstatement rocked the BJP
parliamentary party meeting here on Tuesday.
BJP MP from Hazaribagh, Jharkhand, Yashwant Sinha spoke
against the party decision to not field a candidate from the
state in the Rajya Sabha elections. He opposed the tacit
support being given to Anshuman Mishra, an Independent
MPs supported Sinha with some of them even levelling
charges that the party has "sold" the Rajya Sabha ticket.
The denial of ticket to Deputy Leader of BJP in Rajya
Sabha S S Ahluwalia, MP from Jharkhand, also figured
prominently in the meeting with members expressing their
Shanta Kumar, BJP MP from Himachal Pradesh, said
Ahluwalia was an effective leader in the Upper House and
should have been given another term. The fact that no
candidate has been put up by BJP from Jharkhand and instead
Mishra will be supported further angered these leaders.
Bhola Singh, MP from Nawada, said the conscience of the
party is "dead and it is bowing to money power".
Parliamentary party chief LK Advani had to intervene
after several MPs voiced their concern and assured the members
that he would take up the issue with party president Nitin
Gadkari, who is away in Mumbai.
Aaonla MP Maneka Gandhi urged that the central leadership
end the crisis in Karnataka and look into the demands of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...