RSS remote controls BJP: Manish Tewari
New Delhi: Taking a dig at the relationship between Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and Bharatiya Janata Party, Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting (Independent Charge) Manish Tewari on Monday said the RSS remote controls the Opposition party.
Tewari was reacting to a blog entry by senior RSS ideologue MG Vaidya, which said that the needle of suspicion in the campaign against BJP chief Nitin Gadkari points to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
“RSS remote controls the BJP, the umbilical cord stretches all the way to Nagpur,” Tewari commented while interacting with ANI.
He further asked: “Why should RSS be concerned over a factional fight within the BJP leaders”.
On Sunday, Vaidya had said in a blog entry: "The roots of the campaign against Nitin Gadkari have to be in Gujarat because when Ram Jethmalani demanded Gadkari`s resignation, he also demanded that Narendra Modi be made the prime ministerial candidate of the party."
Gadkari has been under attack for alleged financial impropriety in connection with his Purti Group. BJP leader Mahesh Jethmalani, also Ram Jethmalani`s son, quit the party national executive last week protesting Gadkari`s continuation in office in the wake of allegations against him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani