RSS remote controls BJP: Manish Tewari
New Delhi: Taking a dig at the relationship between Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and Bharatiya Janata Party, Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting (Independent Charge) Manish Tewari on Monday said the RSS remote controls the Opposition party.
Tewari was reacting to a blog entry by senior RSS ideologue MG Vaidya, which said that the needle of suspicion in the campaign against BJP chief Nitin Gadkari points to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
“RSS remote controls the BJP, the umbilical cord stretches all the way to Nagpur,” Tewari commented while interacting with ANI.
He further asked: “Why should RSS be concerned over a factional fight within the BJP leaders”.
On Sunday, Vaidya had said in a blog entry: "The roots of the campaign against Nitin Gadkari have to be in Gujarat because when Ram Jethmalani demanded Gadkari`s resignation, he also demanded that Narendra Modi be made the prime ministerial candidate of the party."
Gadkari has been under attack for alleged financial impropriety in connection with his Purti Group. BJP leader Mahesh Jethmalani, also Ram Jethmalani`s son, quit the party national executive last week protesting Gadkari`s continuation in office in the wake of allegations against him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate