Running political party no cakewalk: Venkaiah to Team Anna
Hyderabad: Commenting on Team Anna`s announcement to form a political party, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday said here that it was not going to be easy.
"In a democracy, everyone has the right to form political party, but it is not easy to sustain it and make it a success," said Naidu, talking to reporters.
A party needs an ideology, credible and effective leadership, dedicated workers and solutions to the challenges before the country, he said.
Naidu also said that Loksatta party in Andhra Pradesh was an example of how a movement against corruption transforms itself into a political party.
Attacking the UPA government, Naidu said it had failed on all fronts, people were fed up, and looking for alternative.
NDA would come to power in the Centre in 2014, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail