Rural tech in U`khand impresses Union Minister
Dehradun: Technologies in the rural areas of
Uttarakhand seem to have impressed Union minister of state for
rural development Agatha Sangma, who on Monday said she would like
to take them to the North-East.
Sangma today visited some of villages in the state where
simple technologies have made its inhabitants self-reliant.
After visiting the villages of Tokwala, Jatowala and
Fatehgram on the outskirts of Dehradun, she expressed her
desire to take the technologies to the North-East so that the
rural population there can also earn their livelihood using
The NCP MP witnessed various applications of watermills
in Tokwala village, where people are using its upgraded model
for grinding floor to producing power.
Later, she visited the food processing unit of Kala Bist
and her husband Trilok Bist from where the couple is supplying
bakery items, pickles and other things to the people living
not only in nearby areas but also in different towns of the
The minister also went to Fatehgram village, which was
adopted and transformed into a model village by the students
of Doon School.
Praising the efforts of Himalayan Environment Science and
Conservation, a Dehradun-based NGO, for bringing a change in
the lives of people through technologies, Sangma expressed her
desire to take them to the North East also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you