SAARC Summit begins tomorrow, PM to meet Gilani
Addu: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
will hold talks with his Pakistani counterpart Yousuf Raza
Gilani on the sidelines of the SAARC summit here tomorrow when
they are expected to review progress in bilateral ties against
the backdrop of some positive developments witnessed lately.
The two leaders will meet tomorrow morning ahead of the
inauguration of the two-day summit of the South Asian
Association for Regional Cooperation in the Addu atoll
The meeting between Singh and Gilani comes after they met
in March in Mohali on the margins of the Indo-Pak World Cup
The rendezvous takes place in the backdrop of some recent
positive developments witnessed in bilateral relations like
Pakistan`s decision to grant the Most Favoured Nation (MFN)
trade status to India and the release of an Indian helicopter
that had strayed into Pakistani territory.
Earlier, there was speculation that the Singh-Gilani
meeting would take place on Friday.
The Foreign Secretaries of the two countries who are
already in Maldives met yesterday to discuss bilateral issues
and matters relating to the meeting between the Prime
Foreign Secretaries Ranjan Mathai and Salman Bashir
expressed satisfaction on the engagement process and agreed
that "stable, normal and predictable" ties were in their
interest as well as the region`s.
Singh and Gilani had held a bilateral meeting on the
sidelines of the last SAARC summit in Thimphu in 2010.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview